Thursday, September 21, 2006

It was just like a scene from police, camera, action.

There I am on another ANPR op (I do admit I am loving the ANPR, gets quite a range of work) and I'm with another special doing some spotting when a MOP tells us that a van has been broken into a few yards down the road, so we take a wander and sure enough a van with a smashed side window and the ignition had been tampered with. So we've had a look round the van the my collegue is doing the vehicle checks while I'm just chatting in general with the sergeant when theres a sudden screach of brakes and WALLOP! a car comes flying over from the other side of the road straight into the van we're checking out.

Luckily noone was injured but the poor van driver will be coming back to find a smashed window one side and a loverly dented wing on the other.

On another more sinister subject I was speaking to one of my police staff collegues today who also works as a special in the same station I'm in (attested after me). He was on a duty last night after the ANPR with the special inspector and a few other specials. He found himself put on a road closure by himself with a non functioning radio and ended up being surrounded by a hostile crowd of residents unhappy about the road closure. I am so glad my transfer is going through as it is another prime example of why I dont want to work here anymore. Surely an inspector should know better than putting a new special on his own without a radio when he doesnt even hve independant patrol status.

As I said though my transfers going through, its been authorised by the inspector now so I should be moving very soon and hopefully a load more blog enteries as I start enjoying going out again ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am a big fan of your blog.
I am an artist based in England, and I would like to use a few lines of your blog to be spoken on the soundtrack for a four minute animation I am making called, 'Flat Earth.'

The animation is being commissioned by the Arts Council England and is a non profit project. 'Flat Earth' will be constructed completely by data found online, so that the narrative is from blogs (like yours) and imagery is from maps and satellite photographs also found online

Can you contact me through my website www.thomson-craighead.net to let me know if you are happy in principle with this or with any questions
thanks and best wishes

alison craighead
htttp://www.thomson-craighead.net